***Congrats to Chuck Kitterman, proud owner of a new Spyderco Paramilitary 2! The giveaway is now officially closed.
You’re in for a real treat today. The Spyderco Paramilitary 2 is without a doubt one of the most sought-after folders in the knife world, and guess what Blade HQ is giving away today? That’s right—the one and only Paramilitary 2. You’re welcome.
Skip to the bottom of this post for instructions on how to enter the giveaway, but for those of you who might not know, here’s why the Paramilitary 2 is so awesome:
1) It has excellent ergonomics
2) It has high quality materials
3) It has a very strong locking mechanism
If you have tuned in to the Knife Blog at all recently, then you probably saw our most recent set of knife locking mechanism infographics. The Paramilitary 2 features Spyderco’s Compression Lock, which looks like this:
The Compression Lock is super strong because as you can see, the protruding portion of the split liner, which holds the blade in place, is wedged between a stop pin and the actual tang of the blade. The only place for the liner to go is sideways because there’s nowhere for it to move up or down (thanks to the stop pin and blade tang), so it is very unlikely that the lock will fail from pressure put on the spine or belly of the blade. Basically the liner must be pushed to the side and out of the way for the blade to be able to open and close.
Some people refer to this lock as a “reverse liner lock” because the portion of the liner that you push on to open and close the blade is located on the spine of the knife handle, not the underside like you find in your typical liner lock.
These are just a few of the reasons that people love the Paramilitary 2. For a chance to win this black Spyderco Paramilitary 2 with a satin blade, follow the simple instructions below.
How Do I Enter to Win?
Let’s get the rules out of the way first, shall we?
- You must be at least 18 years old to enter
- You must have a valid US shipping address (or be willing to pay for shipping if you’re international)
- If you win, you have 48 hours to claim your prize or we’ll select a new winner. Because we’ll be contacting you via email, be sure to use an email address you check regularly (see below).
- Like this post
- Share this post on Facebook
- Leave a comment at the bottom of this actual blog post, NOT on Facebook, telling us why you’d like a Spyderco Paramilitary 2. Make sure to leave your comment with an email address you check often.
This giveaway ends on Monday, November 10th at 10 am MST, and we’ll be contacting the winner shortly thereafter. The winner will be selected with random.org, so you’ve all got an equal shot at winning. It should be a really quick turnaround from the time the giveaway ends to the time the winner is contacted, so make sure you stay close to your email next week!
Be sure to enter to win, and best of luck to you!
*A quick note: Don’t panic if you submit a comment and it doesn’t show up right away. The first time you ever make a comment on the blog, the comment must be manually approved so it may take a while before yours shows up (especially if you comment on Saturday or Sunday when no one’s working). Rest assured, though, that every comment made before 10 a.m. on Monday, Nov. 10th will be approved and included in the drawing!